Monday, March 4, 2013

Chattanooga Sunshine

The first of our many trips this year was a delight. We got on the road to Chattanooga around 10:30. The premise for this trip was to meet up with my friend from high school, Jacelyne. We had a great time with her, her daughter, and her parents. Husband and I arrived to the city before Jacelyne and Co. were done with their touristy stuff, so our original plan was to walk around and enjoy the city. Luckily the sun was out, but it was still not even 35 degrees, so we hit up the Hair of the Dog Pub, near where we parked for the afternoon.

It's funny how now that I have an Army jacket, I always see people with them. It's really fun to talk to people about it and their experiences. My experiences with the Army are minimal at best- Husband's dad graduated West Point in '77 and retired as a Colonel. That's the extent of my experience, but regardless, people are always up for a conversation. The two guys on my right at the pub were wearing their Army hoodies too. The older of the two graduated West Point "several years before 77," and the younger was the former's son. We talked to them and watched an NHL game on TV. A little while later, a man sat on the other side of Husband, and after talking to him for a bit, we found out that his grandfather and uncle both graduated from West Point. This man also said I looked Italian- first time for that!

After we finished up at the pub, we headed over to Sticky Fingers and waited for Jacelyne and Co. We took a lot of fun pictures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment