Thursday, January 2, 2014

Warm Christmas!

This year, Christmas was warm.

For us at least.

Hubs and I drove down to south Florida to be with my family for a holiday. On our way, we stopped overnight in Orlando at my cousin's house. The next morning we got up and visited Kennedy Space Center. The weather was truly perfect. (A little warm for the Hubs, honestly, but that happens a lot when we go to Florida).



NASA meatball-ornament!


A kind man took this photo for us. The flags represent all the nations
that are partners with the International Space Station.




The shuttle Atlantis is on display in that building behind
us. I could hardly contain my excitement!


There it is! The real shuttle!

The Shuttle Atlantis was the fourth shuttle, of five, to be built. It flew to space 33 times, travelling almost 126,000,000 miles, and orbiting the Earth 4, 848 times. And it was right in front of me.



After I calmed down from that excitement, Husband and I went to the Astronaut Encounter, where we met Astronaut Jon McBride!



Can you believe this guy is like, 70?


Once we got to my mom's apartment, we were able to relax. Driving such a long distance is exhausting. We spent the majority of the week hanging out with my mom at her place, and enjoying the relaxing nature of "Cuba," as Hubs calls it. Over all we didn't do too much during the week, and it was perfect. We spent the Friday after Christmas in the parking lot of the mall, trying to find somewhere to park (ended up parking across the main road at an Arby's), then we went in and walked around, window shopping, and people watching.



Hubs and I went to the Christmas Eve service at the church I grew up in, and we caught up with lots of my old church family. It was really nice to see the people who watched me grow up- and to see their proud looks when they realized that I really am well on my way to achieving my dream. They all loved getting to meet Hubs, or getting to see him again.

On Christmas we all went down to the pool (even though only Hubs and I got in!).



We enjoyed the weather and hung out with a small handful of my friends during the week.

On our way back to "God's country," as Zach calls it, we stopped at Disney's MGM (or "Hollywood Studios," except that it'll always be MGM to me) for the day.




'Star Tours' ride!


Waiting for the stunt show to begin!



Riding the trolley car back to the parking lot, exhausted.


Then we went to pick up Puppy from the Disney kennel (which was surprisingly cheap!)

I think between the on-and-off rain, my slight headache and all multitudes of ridiculously rude people, I managed to not get near enough pictures of our day at MGM.

Christmas was fun.

1 comment: